Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is the best distro of linux to learn programing and networking on?

I have an A.E. in electronics, 2 courses short of a networking certificate and I'm A+ certified. I however have limited linux / unix experience.What is the best distro of linux to learn programing and networking on?
They are all going to have basically the same tools available so my reccomendation is going with the one that you're most comfortable with or that you will best be able to get support for. If you have a good friend that uses Linux then use what [s]he uses. Find a local Linux users group and try to find out what most of them use, or at least what the friendly members of the group use.

Personally I love Ubuntu for the desktop, but I've heard some good things about Open SuSe. Both should be pretty easy to setup with a default graphical interface and ways to install new packages.



Good Luck!What is the best distro of linux to learn programing and networking on?
I think Mandriva will best fit youWhat is the best distro of linux to learn programing and networking on?
There are two major flavors of linux, debain based and rpm based. Each flavor upon those bases have varying degrees of differences. One of the fast growing distro is Ubuntu or Kubuntu. Ubuntu is a GNOME based desktop and Kubuntu is the same system with a KDE desktop. I find them the easist disto to learn, including networking and programming. The mass of information out there on debain and unbuntu is amazing. I'll tried both Red Hat and Mandrake and I perfer Kubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment